Newspaper

Maybe a newspaper every week just to immerse the player in this fictional life? Some niche extravagant news to also give some laughs.

1 Like

It can have content like competitors getting better and taking over your business.

2 Likes

Maybe a stocks tab where you see who is getting better and who is falling

3 Likes

Newspapers could also give information about certain areas.
For example if you see lots of crime being reported in an area, you might decide not to open a jewellery store there. If you read about a large company’s plans to settle in the city it might be an idea to start a lunch restaurant nearby the proposed site (with the risk of the large company going somewhere else of course, plans change all the time).

5 Likes

The newspaper idea could help to keep the player informed as to developments, especially those of competitors, but I would be weary of this feature as it might involve a lot of work to do well. I’ve played many games that use the newspaper feature to update players and they only seem to have a few different options that play through. After seeing the ninth or tenth newspaper, I end up ignoring it and going on. So, unless you intend to include a healthy list of entertainment articles for that newspaper, I wouldn’t spend much time with it. A simple pop-up with the vital stats each morning or each week would accomplish the same thing.

4 Likes

I think this is a great idea.

It could be useful in many ways. It could also be a place where a business could spend advertising dollars (if appropriate).